What is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO refers to the actions taken by marketers and webmasters to optimize individual web pages, including copy and HTML. By making adjustments to on-page elements, companies can increase their chances for ranking for keywords, generating more organic traffic and making their site more friendly to both users and search engine algorithms.
Common on-page elements to optimize include:
- On-page copy, images and videos.
- Meta descriptions and title tags.
- Image alt text.
- HTML headings (H1-H6 tags).
- URL strings.
- Internal linking structures.
- Schema markup (featured snippet optimization).